So, your parents advice you to just take fakulti pengurusan maklumat, yet you are quite adamant, thinking that there is really no future in this course. You will probably just end up as an assistant secretary, especially that all your parents can afford is a diploma course.
There is indeed a reasoning out there, but then again, you can never tell what will happen in the future. While a diploma study is not bad as this can be your stepping stone, and you can just pursue a degree later, being a secretary is also not bad. At the same time, this can also just a stepping stone so that when you have already saved up an appropriate amount, you can pursue whatever you want to pursue.
Just for your peace of mind, below are the many perks of being an executive secretary:
- You will have a lot of friends as you will be working with everyone in the company. This does not mean you will be forced to cater to all their wishes, but it means that during office hours, you will be assisting them so they can do their job well and your company will flourish. It also means that you can develop a kind of relationship to all your co-employees.
- You will have great experiences. You get to taste a little of everything. This is indeed a good start as by then, you will also start learning what your colleagues are doing, without any classroom interventions at that.
- You will have a big role in every task of the company. Yes, as most of the time, the leaders will usually rely on their executive secretaries to offer guidance as well as strategic counsel to the other employees or members of the team. So, this means you are not just someone with menial responsibilities as you are like the right hand of your boss.
- You will be making plans alongside with your employer and that means, you are one of those who know first about the developments of your company. There are even times when the boss will ask for your opinions or ideas. He might even assign you some tasks that can greatly contribute to the success of a project. Yes, you are not trivial in the company as your boss will be like less effective without you.
- And lastly, you will feel fulfilled at the end of the day. You will find growth in every task you are part of, and you will sleep soundly for sure, knowing you have accomplished a lot and you made a lot of people happy. You know that your contribution cannot be underestimated.
Indeed, no one can say that it is just a secretarial job as this is a fulfilling job. You should be happy if you become a secretary as it means, you will be working hand in hand with the big bosses of a company. So, start planning now so you will make a great secretary later.